Stuffed bell peppers are oh so delicious. Chase and I were craving some Mexican type food but wanted something besides the "typical taco". So I made these babies. And boy were they good. Simple to make too!
These are all the ingredients you will need:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.
- ENJOY! Add some sour cream and hot sauce if you want to. Delicious :)
mmm yummy. looks good. this is fun lisa ;) i am still so happy that you have a blog
ReplyDeleteyum. i made those here in ecuador. sooo delicious.
ReplyDeletethanks to you i just made those tonight:)
ReplyDeleteoh yay i so glad lis! hope you enjoyed them :) i find them quite delicious and filling!!
ReplyDeleteYum! I am making these! Thanks for sharing!! :)
ReplyDeleteSamantha
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com
I made them for supper and they are in the oven right no! I will update on how they came out after supper.
ReplyDelete