COCONUT RICE
So Chase and I were craving something sweet yet ok to eat for dinner. And I have always been wanting to try and make coconut rice.We had it for the first time at a delicious Thai restaurant in Haleiwa and fell in love. Luckily, I found this recipe on Pinterest! YAY! I have been craving Thai food for a while now so was elated to come across this recipe. Now Chase wants it every day.
It was simple and fun!
COCONUT RICE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups glutenious rice (it will actually say glutenous rice or sweet rice on the packaging- don't use basmati or jasmine or something and expect it to taste the same)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream (note cream, not coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
EQUIPMENT:
- A rice cooker or a pot with lid (I used a pot with a lid because it's all we have and it worked great)
- The recipe online says all this fancy stuff about steaming, a strainer cheesecloth...bla bla. I just did it an easier way and worked great!
DIRECTIONS:
- Measure out 4 cups of rice in pot or rice cooker
- Once water boils lower temp to low and steam rice for 15-20 minutes.
- While rice is steaming combine coconut cream, salt and sugar over med heat in a small sauce pan or pot until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, remove from heat and pour prepared sauce over rice. Cover. Let sit for 20 minutes to allow the rice to absorb the sauce.
- Garnish with fruit if you would like it by itself. But I made it with a yummy sauce, vegetables, and chicken. See below.
- Enjoy !
TERIYAKI SAUCE
TERIYAKI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
In a small pot boil 3/4 cup water with a few chicken bouillon cubes (I used two). Once the broth has cooled (Mix the other ingredients in the separate bowl while you wait) to room temp add 1 tablespoon cornstarch (but make sure it is not hot still or it wont be right consistency).
Get a separate small bowl and mix the following ingredients.
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey or molasses or apple juice (I used honey)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic (or minced)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ginger (or grated)
Stir fry vegetables, then meat. Remove from pan (may leave meat in if you want).
Add all ingredients together in small bowl to make sauce. Yummy. Pour over meat and stir to cook until all ingredients are coated . May add vegetables to mix. Pour all over rice (or serve on side).


This recipe looks SO yum Lisa!! My hubs will love it...he is a rice fiend! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletep.s. LOVE your apron! i bought the same one for Lex on her birthday last year! so cute!!!
you are the CUTEST girl alive. mmmmm!
ReplyDeletethat is so cute lex has it too :) we twins haha! thanks erica. hope nate likes it!!
ReplyDelete