Hawaii is awesome don't get me wrong! It's just that here I am always hot and you just wish you could live with a fan constantly in front of your face and a mister getting you wet. Especially now, I swear its getting more humid in October. You wear a sweater and you're dying of heat then you get to class in a negative 100 degree room and freeze your butt off from sweating outside. AWESOME. So pretty much what I'm saying is, your wardrobe is very limited. Emphasis on the "very."
And I miss doing my hair and having it look straight and nice all day and holding curls well. Instead, here when I finally do my hair and feel "somewhat" pretty haha (with my awesome luck) between classes I get dumped on or attacked by some invisible humid cloud that messes up my hair and all my "naturalness" comes to haunt me. Also salt water DESTROYS your hair. Especially mine since its natural curly and already naturally dry. Another awesome. Once Chase was looking at my pictures on facebook from when I went to BYU-Idaho and said, "Lis, you looked different then." And I laughed and said, "What, do you mean better?" AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Great.
Gotta love it right. Just a vent :) I feel better now....Kinda.




haha i love this vent. i did the exact same types of vents my first fall in hawaii. hahaha. if it makes you feel better, it's been since 2007 that i've had FALL. i was in china 2008, hawaii 2009 and 2010, and now ecuador. when i go home in november i'll catch the tail end of it... so i know how you feel. i LOVE fall fashion - seriously obsessed. and wintery ness. warm and cozy ness. it comes even stronger when the holidays come around. you'll just have to buck up. when i was in HI i would wear scarves sometimes but definitely sweaters. and why not boots with leggings and shorts? doin it. donezo. definitely the idaho girl in us heehee. i love you lis. i'm jealous too of everyone's fallness. seriously the season un-variation is the main downside to hawaii - yet there are SO MANY UPS :) and i warned you... october is the most humid and hottest i ever felt while living there. so random.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I totally agree!!! I just want to cuddle up with some hot chocolate and a warm blanket... but that is definitely not happening here!
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahahaha! ya salt water kills hair! but you get to be in the warm sun and cool water and surf surf! i miss that. yes, i love the fall tho and am so stoked for ski season and finally wearing all my cute warm clothes! i hate long shorts and my summer wardrobe is so limited. live vicariously thru me and i will with you! hehe. come visit for holidays, yaaaaaa! we go ski together and snuggle and drink cocoa :) then i visit you and we lay out and surf!
ReplyDeletexoxo
meg
I looooove Fall, it's extremely sad that it's the shortest season of the four! Winter I could live without, but that's because Wisconsin gets to be -40 degrees and no amount of long underwear keeps my buns warm!! :)
ReplyDeleteSam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com
ya, hawaii does have it's limits with the wardrobe but like kylie said, there are also lots of pluses there.
ReplyDelete