I made a turkey and some desserts. Luckily, they all turned out great! I was so pleased with the results. I made a few phone calls to my amazing mother and with some luck the turkey turned out great, flavorful, and juicy! I flavored it with lemons and herbs. It was definitely interesting cooking a turkey. As I cleaned it and oiled it up and what not I felt so bad for the lil' bird. It still looked so much like a bird I couldn't help but picture it running around flapping its wings in some field then suddenly being SHOT. Ha ha, kind of funny. I'm no vegetarian or hipster vegan trust me, I LOVE meat. I just felt sort of bad. But got over it within a couple minutes.

The delicious turkey.

The peppermint bark and yummy Andes mint cookies (which I believe were the most popular).
And here is the cinnamon roll cake and peppermint chocolate chip ice cream. All very delicious! Glad I made it. And after the party everyone had some to take home too so pretty sure we all left happy.
This was the second year I have been in Hawaii for Christmas. Definitely not the same being away from family but definitely wonderful with my amazing husband and wonderful friends. There is joy to be found everywhere!
Lisa, wear those pants always. so gorgeous. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Love looking at your beautiful Hawaiian life. I blog most my food stuff over at novagranola.blogspot.com. fyi, I think you asked.
ReplyDeletehaha you're pants look like hippy-sailor. good job on the turkey!
ReplyDeletethanks jane, ok i will haha ;) and your welcome, i LOVE your blog. and i am totally looking at your food one. love the title already :) thank you!
ReplyDeleteand dar. yep they are sailor wide legged pants, so slightly hippie too. thank you forever 21!
first, your outfits are always to die for. second, those andes mint cookies are so yummy. third, i just love your blog. it gets me so excited to back to our little island! only a week and a half left. happy holidays!
ReplyDeletelooks like a successful and fun Christmas eve. I'm so impressed you cooked a turkey. that scares me to even try. andes mint cookies really are the best..and such a crowd pleaser.
ReplyDeleteyou look darling as usual.
LOVE this lissy! you're hot. amazing food. wish i could eat it. missed you on christmas. but happy you're happy! looks like a wonderful christmas!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're turkey turned out well! I've attempted a few times and it's never perfect! And I'm in love with your pants! Very cute. :)
ReplyDeleteSam
What a lovely Christmas you had!! all the food looked incredible...especially that turkey! I need to give a go at the big bird one of these days...and that's sweet you were able to call your mom for pointers along the way. I still call my mom every other week or so for cooking questions :)
ReplyDeleteoh, and your pants and the red poncho/shirt are both fabulous. love 'em!
this makes me so happy. mele kalikimaka, sissy! beautiful turnout.
ReplyDeleteHAHA!! I love your commentary on the turkey! You're awesome, and Merry Christmas darling!!
ReplyDelete