First: Rain gets me on this cooking and baking kick! I made banana chocolate chip bread on Monday and chicken and noodle soup (I added carrots) last night. It was amazing and totally hit the spot. I have also made homemade cocoa a couple times. Nothing beats eating something warm and yummy and cuddling up to Chase to some ridiculous Hulu show. For some reason last night I picked the Bachelor. I was really tired and was in a "feel entertained by ridiculousness" mood. I recently saw a picture of my friend Heather who saw Ben . . . (right ??) at Park City and got a picture with him. I suppose that is why I went out of my way to seek the last episode. Needless to say, it was ridiculous as predicted and made me cringe more than once. And of course a helicopter and girl drama was involved. Entertained...check. Addicted...NO! Moving on...
Second: Rain gets me more excited to run than usual. I have been running off and on for over a year now since I haven't been playing soccer like I used to. At BYU-I I always played on a team and it was legit. But in Hawaii I usually just surf or hike or go to the gym to get my exercise. Running has slowly become an outlet for me that I have learned to enjoy rather than dread. I am really finding joy in it and enjoying the sites I am blessed to see daily. I am lucky to live in Hawaii where the weather is always nice and the only thing I have to work around is it being "too hot." Also Chase and I are joining the Fly Family Goal of completing a 5 and 10 K this year. We also want to do a half but unfortunately all of them on Oahu are held on Sundays so we will have to figure out something else, perhaps a 10+.
So yesterday it got really windy and gray and I LOVE running when the weather is bad. And then it started raining. The weather here is sometimes bi-polar and clouds come out of nowhere. So it was a good mix of sun with misty rain, sun, and then RAIN! And I mean RAIN. I was laughing to myself so hard, people driving probably thought I was so weird. But I don't care, I was so happy. I ran to Hauula and decided to turn around at the grocery store there because I was having trouble seeing I had to look down the whole time and was really grateful I didn't wear make up. Then I got worried I would get shocked by my head phones/i pod so I shoved them in an area I thought would be safe (he he). The rain gave me a really nice boost of energy from excitement and I got home much quicker than anticipated! I splashed through puddles and even got sprayed by cars (some I swear on purpose). I was sopping from head to toe with the squeaky shoes and all. Fun!
Third: Rain gives me good excuses to wear some of the fall/winter ish clothes that I have here (which is very little). I love being able to throw on a sweater, jacket or flannel and a nice beanie! And don't forget the rain boots!! I am so prepared. When I walked into work my co-workers all said, "Feeling more in your element now?" And a lil part of me thought, "YES, except its rain not snow!" Oh how I miss layering and being warm and snuggly in cute wintery clothes.
So I'm looking out the window and looks like its sunny again. Aloha Hawaii :)

Lisa you are so cute! Rain is so fun! I like an excuse to wear my rain boots to! :)
ReplyDeletecook for me?
ReplyDeleterun with me?
dress me?
please!
yes, yes yes to all the above! seriously!! FB me your number. we should hang out mckenzie!
DeleteI'm making your bananna bread today!
ReplyDeleteyes you will LOVE it its yummmmmmmmy. i dont cook it the whole 50 minutes like it says. my oven cooks hotter than the norm and all my baking pans are dark. just a tip so make sure you watch it and decide when its done by the smell!! mine actually only cooked 40 ish minutes? or little less? cant remember. i just pulled it out when i feared it was burning and the top was nice and brown :)!
Deleteoh my you are so adorable i love this post rain is so fun you are amazing runner and baker and real cute i miss you love you
ReplyDeleteyou are the hottest person on planet earth. i am oozing with jealousy. that last pic? kills me. those boots? i NEED... where form lisa? they are on my must buy list when i get money. oh and lisa? running in the rain in hawaii? BEST FEELING EVER. i woulda been right there with you giggling up a storm. i miss those days. i love you so much.
ReplyDeletereally pretty picture of you and way cute boots!!!
ReplyDelete