just my thoughts


so life lately has been pretty normal. chase is in school and working and i'm working and doing an internship at a health center. except i'm starting to worry slash think a lot about my future, career wise . . . or as i like to put it, my contribution to society wise. not that i haven't been doing that for the past 6 years, but i am now a college grad, and close to finishing my internship. i am a busy lady . . although i still manage to play on the beach. but, after my internship is almost done occupying my mind and time, so then WHAT do i do? work security still till i get a "real" job. ugh, such an annoying question that i just can't seem to answer.

where do i fit in in this ginormous world?!?! what the heck is my nitch? i like too many things and don't feel i excel in just one.

after shadowing two doctors and one nurse, i can't quite say i want to go into medicine. that is part of the reason i did this internship, to see if that really was something i wanted to pursue. but maybe it's just because im at a health center and not hospital. but even after observing what medical assistants do, i can't quite see that being me and can't find myself thinking, "oh ya i wanna do that, i would be great at that." i keep feeling more like, "ooo this is fascinating, interesting, buttttt...." anyway, in the medical field you do extreme amounts of charting on computers, tons of phone calls and emails, your brain is like an encyclopedia of memorized knowledge, and you think on your toes with confidence. i swear so much of their time between patient visits is typing away on the computer. they usually have an appointment every half hour, but often more. they are busy people and i applaud EVERY medical personnel, and that includes the M.A.s and nurses, especiallllly. doctors would be nothing without them.

 i also attend the fight for cancer events in the community, assist in teaching diabetic classes and how to eat more healthy, while volunteering at a food bank once a month. and i enjoy it all. i have contemplated personal training, nutritionist, nursing, medical assisting, radiology or sonography,  community health, and corporate health. so that brings me to, where do i fit in? what am i good at? where are my special talents that separate me from the others? all hard decisions considering i don't wanna be a full blown career woman. my first choice is to be a mother, the best job in the world.

and not gonna lie, sometimes i have a hard time not comparing my abilities to my sisters. it's stupid and i hate it, but being a triplet and all, developing into these adults in the real world is quite a task. i live amongst talented and beautiful people. i just have to keep reminding myself that i am capable of anything, as long as i commit myself and work hard enough. i am confident in my abilities, but not sure of exactly what. thank goodness i have the best husband in the world who never lets me forget what really matters, and is always there to brighten my day. i love him for that.


You may also like:

9 comments

  1. Lisa, I'm in the same place. Just trying to figure out where I fit. Still have a little bit longer in school, but just as unsure of what to do with my interests and talents. I guess one day we'll figure it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, thanks for sharing from your heart. I feel that way too sometimes. I've done my own share of switching from one major to another, and last year I finally decided to stop wasting money on school unless I was 100% sure what I wanted to do. It's hard though when my friends are getting their degrees in nursing, English, and other cool things, and some have even gotten "real jobs" already! It's hard not to compare my situation to others, or my abilities. It feels like their talents are greater, and I just want to do something I will not only do okay at, but excel at. I too want be a mom first and foremost, but I know that's not financially possible. But God has a plan. Sometimes we need to try out many things to know for sure. I learn by doing, so in the last few years I've tried a few different part-time jobs in the fields I was interested in to see if that's the direction I wanted to go in. It showed me it wasn't what I wanted to do, but that's okay! At least it helped eliminate the options! So I would encourage you to interview people in those different fields or try out some of the different branches of medicine for a period of time, it doesn't have to be a lifetime commitment. Don't settle if you're not happy there. Life is about learning and trying new things. Go where you are good at and will feel happy and accomplished, no matter what the title is. Don't worry if it doesn't look as glamorous or exciting as someone else. You're as valuable as anyone else. I love reading your blog! :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is wonderful advice, and exactly what i will do. dabble into everything and narrow it down. thank you so so much :) i meant to response a while ago but just got to you. hope you read this. serisously thank you

      Delete
  3. I think every college grad asks the same question. For the last 17+ years you have been a professional student, that's been your full time job since you were 5! It's a hard transition and even if you know what you're good at and what you're passionate about it still takes time to figure out exactly what you want to do and where you want to fit in this world. You'll figure it out, give yourself some time! I love photography and I'm so happy to be able to do that on the side and take as many jobs as I want on my own schedule, but I wouldn't trade being a momma for any thing in the world. I can't wait to see what little Lisa and Chase babies look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling dearest! Whatever you do, you will be amazing at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there! You'll find your "purpose"...don't you worry! Selfishly, I hope it's cute baby Rondos...I wanna squeeze one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i still struggle with the 'what the .. am i doing??' or 'what am i supposed to do with my life?' it's so hard. but i try to remember to develop my talents, be productive, do what i love, and take steps forward..... and don't compare :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Megan!!!! I think you know your purpose..hint hint and you will be dang good at that job. Love ya lis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lisa i love you and i love this. story of our lives! i think you are talented in so many ways i don't even know how to narrow it down either. but one thing is for sure, you are going to be the best mom ever! so don't worry sis, everything will be ok :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.