just a bunch of words


lately there has been a ton of "stuff" on my brain. sometimes so much "stuff" that it makes me cry for reasons i can't even put into words. and when these times come i have a cute husband that looks back at me, sets me straight, and basically says, "you're a special girl lisa" with his little smirk face. then he adds a much needed hug and kiss and a 'i love you'. then my worries seem to drift away for a moment and all is well again.

as i was reading my 'usuals' yesterday i came across my sisters recent post HERE. as many of you may know, i am a triplet to kylie and megan. i am sure most of you who read my blog found it through them, since i jumped on the blogging wagon years later. but as i read ky's recent post entitled "remember," it really blew me away at the same time as sucked me in. does that even make sense? she writes so beautifully and effortlessly, which is what lead me to write this post of my own. she wrote exactly how i feel but am unable to voice. although this may not flow as well or have as many beautiful adjectives, this is me.

life as of late has been sort of funny. i am incredibly happy and love living in hawaii, don't get me wrong. but i feel confused. i know what i need to do to make things better, but i can't seem to do them. i suppose i have chosen to write them on a piece of paper in at least five different places rather than going out and accomplishing them. why is this? i find it annoying that i know if i want things to change i need to change something i'm doing, then why don't i? and then i always come back around to my solution, "because i don't know what i want to do." blah.

most of my worries stem from having a degree that i still don't know how to apply to my life at this given stage. especially since more than anything i want to be a mother. but i still want to make good use of my degree and passions. i want to help people in need, continue learning new and important things, and most importantly feel of good use. sometimes i just watch days pass by as i stick to my usual routines of cleaning, cooking, exercising, going to an array of random jobs, playing at the beach, surfing, painting, and watching silly shows. these are all wonderful and fun things that i enjoy, and i am quick to admit i am really good at keeping myself busy and productive. but part of me still feels like i'm in a weird funk with no direction or end in sight. sometimes to the point that even going to the beach sounds boring or like some sort of routine. and i don't know why i feel that way, because i love the beach! anyway, you can see my confusion behind these words. i think part of that may be because it's now fall and i'm really missing seasons, colorful leaves, being cold(ish), dressing cozy, and being around family. anyway, sorry about that tangent.

basically my whole life i have been a student and worked jobs that have set hours, deadlines, assignments, practices, and overall incredibly busy calendars. then i graduated and suddenly have all the time i wished i had while in school, and life really does get hard. but the good thing about time, is that there is plenty of it. and that's exactly what i need to do. give things time. and meanwhile, be a good and happy wife, friend, daughter, and sister. like my sis said, "try to just be the best and happiest person you can."
You may also like:

5 comments

  1. Lisa, this was so beautifully written. I truly believe that feeling hits all of us. Even I, at times, feel like I want something else... I long for the less complicates and simple life. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my career field. After all, I've wanted it since I was five when I would write my name with a "Dr." before it. However, the thought of living off the city with my love and our babies also sound so incredibly wonderful.
    Put it all in God's hands darling... He'll show you the way :)

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heavens! tears!

    lissy... you are so sweet. i feel so honored that my words were an inspiration for your own. i want you to know that you touched my heart. reading your simple and honest words was so touching. i am right there with you. part of me is envious that you're dedicated enough to actually keep exercising - i let that slip through the cracks. sissy, you are more on top of it than you realize. hang in there. that's all i can really say because that's all i am really doing. you are keeping busy and doing good things, and with time things will start coming to us.

    sometimes i just wish answers would be spelled out for us clearly, and that things would just magically fall into place. i've had such a hard time since graduating BYUH with this - i feel like i'm always getting derailed. and half the time i'm not even sure where on earth i'm headed. like you, we do have time and all we can do with it is try to be better NOW. thank you for inspiring me to get back onto the exercise wagon - to be more thoughtful about how i spend my time - to try new things - to paint!!! - and to smile.

    i love you lisa. you're my best friend. i anxiously await the day we are all neighbors again. your words were beautiful. we can get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so honest and beautiful, thank you. Your post describes the "funk" that I feel I am in, just in this stuck stage and I hope that my goals are the right ones, but I am really not all that sure.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well put sissy, in your own words. that is just life and you seem to know it takes time even tho you might feel like you're coasting. i'm sure we can all relate to your feelings. maybe you will stumble into something like what happened to me. don't sweat the small stuff and just live in the present. love you sissy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% feel where you're coming from! Sometimes I wonder why I even got my degree in photography. It's pretty impractical. But it's what I love so I pursued it, and still continue to. First and foremost I'm a mom. And I love it. But sometimes I want a little bit more. I want more adult conversations that don't revolve around toys and diapers. I think that's one of the basic fundamentals of being human though. We always want more. And that can be a good thing and a bad thing. Wanting more pushes us and moves us, gets us up and going. But it can also leave us feeling unfulfilled even though we're surrounded by so many blessings. It's hard to find the right balance of wanting. I think writing things out and figuring out how you're feeling is the best and first step in figuring things out though. Sometimes you have to confront yourself head on to make progress.

    You should probably know that your workout and diet posts completely motivated me. I lost all but 5lbs of my pregnancy weight last summer but just couldn't seem to motivate myself to lose those last few pounds. When I started reading your posts about eating better and working out and how you jog on the beach and stuff it completely motivated me to get back to working on my goals, which is why I signed up for the Disney World Marathon. So maybe you're reaching and inspiring more people than you realize. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.