spitting words


It's funny, because I've been sitting here staring at these pictures here in my "draft," trying to think of what the heck to write. So here I am, thinking . . . I love spitting caves. This is where we were all at in these photos, obviously. It's beautiful, it's rocky, it's blue, it's deep, it's high, it's scary, it's what I like to call magical really. Despite all these lovely yet rather boring adjectives I just threw at you, sometimes I struggle with writing blog posts (hah).

In school I was always an A student. I was one of those nerds who worked really hard and spent far too many hours in the library. I probably annoyed everyone in group projects because I was that girl who probably came off as bossy because "group" projects to me are a joke and totally screw you over. But, when it has come to my writing, it has always been a struggle. It's my least favorite subject and assignment. I would rather memorize the periodic table of elements than write a dang research paper. They're no fun and I always pull up blanks and find myself staring at my blank Microsoft Word document wishing I could think of a first sentence. Thank goodness my sister Kylie is amazing at writing. If it weren't for her editing every single one of my research papers I probably would of always got C's, hah!

Anyway, in a nut, I'm a very simple person (and emotional at times) with a pretty logical mind. I tend to say exactly what I think, both a blessing and a curse in which I'm learning how to monitor. I write how I talk, thus it's never very poetic or flowy or even that engaging sometimes. I often worry I bore my readers (if they even exist) but then I imaginary slap myself thinking, that's dumb. Who gives a care what they think, I share my stories how I want to because I enjoy it. A friendly reminder I have to give myself from time to time. Now how's that for a bunch of words.
You may also like:

15 comments

  1. Ha - I agree with the group work feeling! And, as a reader, I like that you write as you talk and don't try to be too fancy or poetic. It makes you seem all that more real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU i'm happy to hear that! you are awesome.

      Delete
  2. Girl I am with you! Science is my comfort zone and this writing blogs is more challenging then I ever thought it would be. But it's always fun to look back on life so keep it up. I enjoy the way your writing and agree with ^ it makes you seem real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok will do, thank you so much! i def enjoy looking back and remembering. its so easy to forget without any source of documentation. thank goodness for photos and blogging :)

      Delete
  3. I hated group projects, too. They are totally a joke. And you do have readers! See? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i suppose i do :) thanks francine, you are always so sweet and make my day with your comments. xo!

      Delete
  4. haha! lisa i love this. i love YOU and i love YOUR words. simple and forward - just like you! i love you! thanks for the shoutout :) :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yet, you just wrote a profound and beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually feel this same way about writing and blogging! Keep sharing what it is you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patriotic bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i got it at pac sun :) LAhearts brand!

      Delete
  8. rays of sunshine? perfect. love sidebar pic too. and i loved how real this post was. keep being true to yourself, sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I was totally that bossy girl in groups! Oh well ;)

    Also, where are both of your swimsuits from??? Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.