Today I did something that made me hope and pray no one was watching me be so lame. By all means, anything that threatens my "coolness" is unacceptable even at the ripe age of 25. Call me mature, ok?
I got off work today from nannying the cutest lil' man around, and was making my way home by foot as usual. I heard skateboard wheels nearing from the distance and instinctively looked up from my phone (pathetic but normal) hoping it was my mr. Well, duh, it was. But before I could even realize it, I was chasing my husband like a love-sick fool yelling, "Chase, Chase, hey you! HUSBAND? IT'S ME YOUR WIFE! I MISSED YOU!"
Meanwhile, he kept on skating as if I were a ghost and I swear he saw me. I just assumed I was embarrassing to the non-existent crowd in the parking lot and he was playing his cool since this was surely detrimental. At the same time I had one of those moments. You know, those moments where you hear your own voice in your head shaming yourself and you wish there was some kind of magical rabbit hole that would appear in mid air for you to jump into and hide. Unfortunately, it was too late and the deed was done. I was chasing after my husband using my over-excited naggy voice as if I hadn't seen him in years. He finally pulled his headphones out of his dang ears and acknowledged my existence and all was right in the world.
It's times like these where I remind myself just how much I love Chase and need him. I mean after two years of marriage and 10 months of dating I still get beyond stoked to see him. Gitty even, like a silly little school girl. Life is just better with him by my side.
You may also like:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol my dude and I have been together for 6 years and I would still probably do that. Maybe love means embarrassing yourself in public for your partner :)
ReplyDeletehaha, i love this. i definitely would do this. i think one time i was driving home from the store and was yelling out the window at my husband something similar.
ReplyDeleteK
you're both weird. that's why it works! :) i'm the same way with spence haha
ReplyDeletei do the same thing, haha!
ReplyDelete