Adoption is on my mind each and every day. It's sometimes hard for me to find
the right words of what I'm feeling at any given time, but last night I
was up far too late consumed in my own thoughts. As I was lying in bed
with Chase passed out next to me, I began imagining what it would be
like to have a tiny baby sleeping in-between us. I was watching them
closely as their chest rose and fell. I saw that it was a baby girl and
she was beautiful. I then looked at my dark and shadowed bedroom wall
and pictured my dream nursery decor in pastel pinks and yellows, my two
favorite colors. I even went so far as to imagine how tired I would be knowing I
wouldn't be getting much sleep as a mom, and giggled to myself thinking I
would feel the same way the next morning since I was playing house in my
mind instead of sleeping. All these thoughts made me tear up, but not out of sadness. Out of excitement and anticipation for what is to come. I was able to fall
asleep with a smile on my face and an extra push of encouragement to get
through our home-study fast. Cause heaven knows I'm ready.
Throughout the many past months since making our decision to adopt, there is one thing that weighs heavily on my mind.
The birth mom. . .
I
think about her often. I want to understand her side. I need to be prepared.
I have silly dialogues in my mind as I wonder
how she is doing. What does she look like? Is she dating someone? I hope
she is happy. I wonder how old she is? Do you think she's pregnant yet?
How is her relationship with her parents? I hope she will trust me
with her child and choose us. Man, I hope shes okay. Wonder if she is having an easy or hard pregnancy? I wonder . . .
I just think about what kind of
life she may or may not be living and want her to be safe and protected.
I know she's out there, and I know she plays a vital role in my path to
motherhood. One that I am already eternally grateful for. And I just hope and pray she will feel the same about me, grateful.
I
often reflect on the thoughts someone close to me shared
regarding adoption. I may not recall it in it's exactness, but it was
regarding a woman and her many adopted children and their birth mothers. .
. {She shared with me how this woman believes that in heaven before she
came to this earth, her and all her children's birth moms knew each
other. They were family. The woman made a deal up there with the birth moms, that she would
love, care for and raise the children as her own. Together the woman and the birth mother trusted each
other with that plan and decided to enter this mortal life knowing all
the heart ache, risks, and trials they would each pursue in order to receive the proper blessings that were in store for them} . . . I find comfort applying that thought into my own
experience and know that it is true. Heavenly Father has a plan for us
and knows who I will be a mother to. Chase and I have children in heaven
waiting for us and I can't wait to meet them! We are meant to be their parents and they are meant to be our children.
Basically,
I want our birth mom wherever she may be, to know that Chase and I are
thinking of her. We are praying for her. We want the best for the child she is (or will be) carrying. We are eager to be parents and
look forward to that day with extreme gratitude and love. But most
importantly, we are grateful for the sacrifices she has, is, and will
continue to make by giving up her child for adoption and allowing us to
be the parents we dream to be. Adoption is a true gift, and it wouldn't
be possible without a birth mom.

lisa, this was amazing to read. i loved the video, it brought me to tears. your heart is so good and full of love. i'm so impressed by you, on the daily. your strength is unmatched. and you're such a wonderful mother already. i can't wait to meet your littles, too! such a blessing to have that shared connection to the birth mom and thinking about what occurred in the pre mortal life as well. i can't wait for some lucky mom to choose you to raise your child. i love you to the moon. keep being strong lee lee bird. i'm always here for you!
ReplyDeletewow that video was so moving. what an amazing sacrifice and perspective. your heart is in the right place sis. now it is just a matter of time for your birth mom to find you. your little babe(s) are waiting for you one way or another. the lord loves to challenge you with patience over and over again in your life, and he will take care of you. hang in there sis. can't wait to share this journey with you, love you!
ReplyDelete