our story

Well since probably 99.99% of people who read my blog are ladies I figured I may as well share Chase and I's "little love story". What girl doesn't love to hear about romance and details, come on!!

So the truth is Chase and I "sort of" knew each other back in the day. We both attended BYU-Idaho before transferring here to BYU-Hawaii. I graduated high school in 2006 and Chase graduated in 2007. I was at BYU-I 2006-2010. Chase was there from 2007 to April of this year, with a 2 yr break in between (he served his mission in England.)

This being said, in 2007 Chase and I used to see each other randomly whether it was on campus, in FB pictures, or at parties. Well I know I saw him. I thought Chase was a little hottie but he was younger than me and I was already taken at the time so was not interested. Chase at the time was having too much fun just "hanging out" with all sorts of ladies with no attachments to any of them. He knew he had a mission to serve so didn't see the point. Smart boy :) At BYU-I Chase doesn't remember ever seeing me specifically. Or at least knowing that I was "Lisa." Being a triplet and all makes it difficult to know ;) Anyway he definitely knew who the Fly Triplets were and saw us randomly, but that was pretty much it. Chase and I had a lot of mutual friends, one of which is now my sister Megan's husband, Drew! It's funny because we supposedly hung out at the same houses with some of the same people, but never saw each other? Strange...

So two years go by. 2008 and 2009 were busy and life changing years. Chase served a full time mission in Leeds, England. I on the other hand continue going to school at BYU-Idaho, live at home for a while, nanny in Utah for a while, and experience some much needed things to prepare me for my future. Both of us were on the right path.

Now lets jump to 2010. I graduated from BYU-Idaho in July with my associates degree. I had 83 credits and only an associates degree. Totally awesome. I had attempted getting in the nursing program there twice with no luck. I then realized, BYU-Idaho was not for me. The Lord had a plan for me somewhere else, and it was not in Idaho. During the summer of 2010 I applied to BYU-Hawaii. I had recently visited my sister Kylie who had been attending BYU-Hawaii for a couple years and I just loved it there and was so happy in Hawaii. That is what sparked my interest. Then with some soul searching I realized that is where I needed to be and I just knew it was right. I applied in June and within the day I had been accepted. Talk about meant to be. I then moved to Utah to nanny and save some money in preparation for Hawaii. Soon following, late October Chase arrived home from his mission and ready to date ;). Right? Hah!

So November rolls around and I had just moved to Hawaii. I was accepted to school and was going to start in January. I moved out two months early to be with my sister and play play play till I had to get a job and go back to school. Smartest move ever. Loved it. I seriously lived the beach bum life. I have never been so tan in my life. Some people had me mistaken as Brazilian. It was awesome. At the same time Chase was visiting his brother and sister in law who were going to soon graduate from BYU-Hawaii. He came to stay for 5 weeks through the holidays and fly home right before Christmas. A short fun vacation.

This is when Chase and I met. I was starting a new life in a new place. Chase was having fun doing nothing but surfing and hanging out with his fam. Literally. He surfed 2-3 times a day. So me being the beach bum that I was spent a lot of time at the famous Pipeline beach. In mid November I was there with my friend Haley and we were having a great time. We also noticed a really cute guy, "blondie" as we called him. We couldn't believe how blonde and tan he was! He was definitely a looker. Sitting there with his skateboard and just chillin by himself I couldn't help but wonder, "Why the heck is that guy alone?" It was funny. Then Haley and I got up and decided to leave. Blondie decided to leave right around the same time. We walked right behind him as we went to catch the bus. Who knew this would be my future husband? Not I!

So that night my friend Haley and I go to my sister Kylie and her husband Spencer's apartment. We go on and talk about our day, the usual. Then Kylie mentions to me, "Lisa, Lindsay Rondo told me that her brother in law Chase is in town. Remember him?" Of course I remembered him, I just didn't really know him. Kylie continued to say,  "You guys should totalllly hang out. Me and Lindsay approve!" So I said what the heck I should just go for it. So I was trying to figure out how to get a hold of him. And sadly but true, I got on facebook. I remembered we were friends back when I was at BYU-Idaho but I also remembered that I had deleted him when he left on his mission because I hardly knew him anyway. Pretty funny really. So I simply re-added him to start things out. Within minutes Chase had accepted my friend request. (Oh how lame cyber world has made us ;) ). I was excited and realized he must be bored too. Hawaii doesn't have much going on at night, at least in Laie. So I wrote on his wall. Another bold move, for me at least. I wrote, "Hey Chase I hear you're in Hawaii. We should hang sometime." Simple but to the point. Within seconds he responded. "Ya for sure here's my number!" And then he continued to say, "Were you at Pipeline today?" And I replied, "Yes, why, were you?" And he said, "Ya I was there all day and I thought I saw one of you Fly triplets but I wasn't sure, it's been forever." And then I laughed and it hit me. Oh my gosh, Chase is the hot blondie from the beach! Hilarious! And so great all at the same time. Then I texted him asking him when he wanted to hang out and he responded whenever and that he was at TVA (his brother just so happened to be nearby neighbors of my sister). Anyway, he decided to stop by and say hello that night. It was awesome. We exchanged shy glances and made small talk. Kylie, Spencer, and my friend Haley helped break the ice. But it was that night that I just knew, he was IT. He was the man I was gonna marry. Crazy but so true.

So the next 5 weeks go wonderfully. We hang out lots and have a great time. Spent many evenings on the beach watching movies on my lap top under the stars. We went to the beach together, watched movies together, ate together, and I even met his family! Then it came to end of December and he had to fly home to California and go back to school at BYU-Idaho. We were pretty much behaving as a "couple" would behave but without the clarification as to our "title." Unbeknownst to him (or so I thought) I wanted him to be my boyfriend, but he was unsure due to our "situation". He had plans to go back to school at BYU-Idaho and I was in Hawaii to stay. So we decided to be reasonable and logical adults and leave it as, "Well it was awesome, I really like you, so lets just see how it goes.We will continue talking so who knows!" Although Chase told me he was going to date other girls in Idaho because that is what he "should" be doing. OUCH haha, that one hurt. But reality hurts sometimes.On the other hand, I was set. No dating for me, I knew what I wanted. I just needed him to realize that too...

So the whole winter semester January through beginning of April Chase and I were apart. Chase's plan to "date around" was short lived. Or more like "not lived". Ha ha! Once he landed in California he said he knew he liked me more than he thought and realized what he had. And going back to BYU-Idaho confirmed his decision that he was also set on me and his decision was made. Now we just needed to be back together! So while we were apart we mailed packages to each other, texted and called all the time, facebooked, and skyped. It was awesome. It had its lonely days and its totally awesome days! We fell in love and in March we said it. The big "L" word! It was the best day ever!! Ya, over the phone, whatever. Ha ha we just couldn't hold it in anymore ;) Well he couldn't. He said it first!! He he! So after being apart we both reailzed we were beginning to get real serious and knew something had to be done. We had to be together and distance was awful so I reapplied to BYU-Idaho as precaution in case he couldn't get into BYU-Hawaii. I got into BYU-I but Chase didn't get into BYU-Hawaii. But deep down I knew BYU-Idaho was not for me. So something good had to come of this. With much persistence and patience Chase did all he could to appeal and apply again. He made some phone calls and really went far and beyond to get into BYU-Hawaii because he knew he had to be with me :)! With much diligence, he got in. It took three times, but he did get in! And shortly after, Chase moved to Hawaii. Perfection.

Chase and I were reunited in April and oh so happy! It was a blissful spring. We had tons of fun together as we attended school and played. Everything was just so great and so right! And still is of course. Then on June 17th, he proposed! Life with Chase is always an adventure and full of more love and joy than I have ever imagined. I am one lucky girl and can't wait to marry this boy, the love of my life. September 3, 2011 will forever be the best day of my life! I just love LOVE and love being in love :)!
You may also like:

7 comments

  1. Sappy...but cute. You're right. I love a good love story. I'm happy you're happy, Lis! I can see it on your face. SO excited to see you in a few weeks in a WEDDING DRESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the cutest love bird in the world. i love your guys story and am so happy youre getting married. you deserve all the love and happiness in the world, and i love that chase knows that too! its so funny how blunt you are and how confident you are in your decisions. i admire that about you and really love that about you. miss you sis, cant wait for your wedding and to have chasey in our family :) he can teach us all how to surf real good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so happy for you lisa! Marriage is the bestest in the whole wide world! Being apart from family across the US has really shown me how blessed I am to have married my best friend, and you will be too! It is so comforting to know someone loves you so much and will always take care of you no matter what! I kind of wish he was from Ohio so I could come to the wedding/reception, so sad we won't be able to be there! I will be thinking about you though for sure! Congrats again, and he definitely sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I'm so excited for you guys! Isn't it amazing how everything worked out just right??
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAY best post ever ever ever! i love love love this! i should record my love story on my blog, i never did that. this is so cute. i am so happy i played a small role in this story. love your love for each other. so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahhaa the facebook delete. i do that alll the time. goodness that story was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw i loved this lis! i saw my name in there! :) that was so funny. he was SO blonde. oh man. miss you. and your big day is coming so SOON!
    you guys are perfect for eachother.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.