Luckily here at BYU-Hawaii I found the quickest route to finally finishing my degree with Exercise Science. So here I am. And what am I going to do when I finish? NO IDEA! I'm working on it, been throwing a few ideas around. We will see. My internship will hopefully lead to one. But I have truly grown a love and concern for not only the health of myself, but especially the health and wellness of all those around me. We only have one body our whole lives, so we must treat it the best if we wanna feel good, live long, and of course look good. So the way to do this is through exercise AND proper nutrition. That being said....
Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Which means....LOTS of eating! So if you are worried about cutting back on the rolls, your favorite pie, stuffing, etc. FORGET ABOUT IT! Stop dreading. Eat what you want, just be semi reasonable ;). Just make sure you exercise. If you aren't regular already, get regular! 30 minutes a day 3 days a week is a great start and the minimum. Just work your way up.
Here is a quick run-down of something you can do to help start off your work out routines!
30 Minute Shred:
- 5 minutes: Treadmill at 5 mph (A light jog to warm up your muscles and get you burning calories)
- 15 minutes:
- Leg press-3 sets of 8 at attainable but challenging weight (legs)
- Shoulder press-3 sets of 8 at attainable but challenging weight (shoulders and back)
- Military press-4 sets of 12 reps with 10-15 lb.dumbbells (arms)
- Elbow planks- 3 sets for 1 minute each (abs)
- 10 minutes: Treadmill at 6-7 mph (End with a nice aerobic activity. You can choose the bike or elliptical too, but treadmill will push you the hardest.)
DONE! And feeling much better too :)
And a special thanks to Golds Gym for coming up with 6 different 500 calorie burning workouts called the "Turkey Day Trim." There was a great video but unfortunately they removed it from their page :( But I found this weird link where it used to be that you can read the text of how to do each workout. Enjoy!
i needed this REAL bad. curse the sophomore 70....
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting that workout : ) I own a dance studio so get pllleeenty of exercise, but my husband never does any. I just showed this to him and he said, "huh...yeah, I can do that!" score! Heathy Hubby on the way lol, thanks :) Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!
ReplyDelete