mad storm

In Laie it's been raining for about two weeks straight. Honestly, I loved it at first, but now I'm getting over it. This is what we woke up to Friday morning after a night full of crazy thunder, lightning, and crazy downpour. My boss said it even hailed at her house. Ya, hailed! In Hawaii!! Pretty amazing. I'm so sad for the people whose homes were flooded and cars ruined :( These are some pictures that have been circulating the schools Facebook page. Pretty insane. And none of my classes were canceled, not fair.

This is the road from our apartment to school.
Dirty muddy water! The roads disappeared.
 A classroom in the GCB! Insane! I talked to the teacher of this class and he said nothing was ruined. Miracle.
The hallways of the GCB. The janitors, teachers, and even students were hard at work helping scoop out water with buckets, brooms, fans, vacuums, you name it. I'm guessing campus is going to be pretty soggy and smelly for a while.
 Personal fave! Looks like a happy pineapple in a lake.
 I work in the Security office as a dispatcher and found this picture quite hilarious. My supervisor was driving around all day helping cars that got stuck, stalled, had to be towed, etc. Lots of areas in Laie and streets were closed till the water went down.
INSANE! In one of my classes only four of us showed up. Committed students :) Then our teacher left a half hour into class, after a flustered phone call from his wife about water gushing through the walls and ceilings of his house.

Crazy day. We are grateful for the rain. But when it rains this much....not so much. But I saw a lot of cute kids playing around and swimming in the mass lakes formed all over campus haha. All we can do is make the best of it :)!
You may also like:

4 comments

  1. oh my!! ya this looks really bad!! i can't believe the classrooms! we've been through this before and it is not fun! i do like the happy little pineapple though! :) I hope your place stays dry!! Kinda glad we missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it looks crazy! My prayers to those affected by it... hopefully the sun will come out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa that is NUTS! I'm glad you guys are okay though, and hopefully the rain will knock it off sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously insane! hawaii is awesome like that. and then it dries up like nothin' happened in a matter of hours. i'm glad one of the flys got to live thru a hawaiian flood! such a fun story. and dang, that water sure does get brown! hopefully peoples house repairs go well. if i ever lived there again permanently i'd be up on stilts FO SHO! love you babes.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.