chocolate chip snicker doodles


Ok, so it's Friday. Which means date night for Chase and I. Which also means movie and sweets night? Yes?! Yes, I think so. Chase invented this recipe by the way, just ask him! He IS the inventor of the "chocolate chip" snicker doodle. No one else, haha. Just him (wink). But for reals, these were super good. And moist, and soft, and chewy, and not hard and crumbly. We leave out the cream of tarter and like the way it tastes better, so up to you whether you want it or not! But, I recommend making these this weekend if not right now. Ok? GO! Oh, and feel free to drink cold milk out of a pretty champagne glass and eat the cookies on satin sheets. Great idea, sorta romantic? Sure, it's date night.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips 
(or however many looks good, we go overboard)

for rolling:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Directions
  1. Cream together the butter and sugars in a large bowl
  2. Add the egg and vanilla, beat till smooth
  3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, combine
  5. Add the delicious chocolate chips
  6. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and place dough in fridge for 30 minutes while oven preheats
  7. Scoop cookie dough using a spoon and make nice little balls
  8. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl for coating
  9. Coat the dough balls in cinnamon and sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet
  10. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes, perfect (they will cook more once you let them sit for a little while)
You may also like:

5 comments

  1. MMm these look yummy! I add chocolate to practically every dessert so I'm all about these! I haven't had snicker doodles in forever so maybe I will make some tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez lady, here you go again making my mouth water with another one of your recipe posts hehe. for some reason i always read these when i'm in the middle of my shift at the hospital AFTER my break and it makes me hungry all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love you. these look good! nice invention guys! ;) i can't wait until the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.