i'll give you a dollar, a sand dollar that is


Bust out the box, it's craft day! YES I get so excited just thinking about it. High up in my cupboards sits my little blue box. Inside my little blue box is all my paints, shells, sea glass, driftwood, canvases, fabric, yarn, hemp, glue, sand, beads, you name it! It's a huge mess but a happy mess. Just looking in it gets me excited for my next project. It's hard to make the time to craft having two jobs and all, but I manage to squeeze it in here and there.

While I was in Mexico in December I collected a few sand dollars to take home and paint. I decided to share them with my sis and neighbor Morgan so we can all paint something together. We were inspired by this and after finishing one and seeing how long it took we couldn't believe it! Kylie isn't too into crafts unless it's a holiday, which I suppose surprised me! I thought my sisters and I all loved crafts, guess I was wrong. Kylie wasn't quite patient enough with her sand dollar so decided to bust a "Picasa" and get modern. And the underside of her black sand dollar glows, totally awesome. Glow in the dark paint is so rad you should buy some. My friend Morgan got really fancy and took the same amount of time to paint one that I did three! Hers is the beautiful brown and sunset colored one. Mine are the remaining three of which in my mind were ok but I could have done better (hah). I was getting in patient too and was a little distracted by our fun conversations! That's another reason I love to craft. It's so fun getting together with the girls and kickin' back while making something beautiful.

PS. I have some exciting news up my sleeve that I'm not quite ready to share yet (no I'm not prego yet, hah). But I have been thinking about this for months, since I painted my first canvas over a year ago. My mind is buzzing with ideas so I am making a plan to execute these ideas and see where they go. For now, don't get too excited. It will be a long process for me and take some time, but I am surprised at my excitement at this lil' plan I have rollin' around in my head. And when it comes into action I think I will have a wonderful little hobby to entertain myself :).

You may also like:

3 comments

  1. Wow those are really pretty. This is making me get into crafts a little bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay for creativity! sorry i'm not enthusiastic unless it's christmas hahahaha! i love you so much! :) this was so fun. i had a great time. and it's "jackson pollock" not picasso haha (which is also not picasa, haha!) you're such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest sand dollars on planet earth! i especilly like the pollock one haha. how fun! i have one from washington we should paint next time :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.