st. george relay


A few weekends ago, Chase and I ran a relay race with Chase's mom, brother, and cousin. We each ran 10 miles to complete a 50 mile course between two beautiful lakes in St. George. All I had was my cell phone, so don't mind the quality of the pics. Either way, I was glad I took some because those red rock mountains against the blue sky are to die for gorgeous. 

We decided to have Lance, Chase's brother run first, followed by his cousin McKenzie. She is a cross country and track star in high school, so thank goodness we had her :). I ran third and after me was Chase and then Shannon, my mother in law. We made Chase run the toughest legs of the race which were practically uphill the entire time. Poor thing :). We weren't exactly training or planning to run a race, but decided to help my mother in law qualify for the St. George marathon which she runs every year. Hey at least we got cool work out shirts and a medal :)!


As you can see, the view during the race was incredible. I took these while my family was running, but man was I tempted to stop during my run. As I was coming up a hill there was a huge rainbow across the sky right above the red rocks that would have been the most amazing photo ever! I wanted to stop running so bad but I told myself I wouldn't, even if it were for a photo. So that one will have to remain in my mind ;). The drive between transfer points was beautiful and we were able to get a little bit of country, town, desert, and rural. If you haven't ever ran a race before, I highly encourage you to do so! It's a great motivator to keep you in shape and you will be so glad you did. I honestly don't always enjoy running but I do it because it makes me feel great afterwards. Every time, it's worth it.

You may also like:

2 comments

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.