This year was everything I wanted out of Christmas. Chase and I were in Idaho with my family and it SNOWED! I was so happy to have a white Christmas at home :). My parents decorated in all places I remember as a child and everything looked so cute! They even got their tree from the mountains this year which I thought was really fun.
On Christmas Eve the sisters and our husbands were on our way to a hot spring when it began DUMPING white fluffy flakes! The roads got too dangerous so we had to turn around and go back home which was sort of a bummer. But we ended up going home and baking all day while the boys made the most ginormous snowman! We were so impressed, they even got him a cute pipe. It too bad we didn't get a picture of it till Christmas morning when he had melted a bit and lost parts of his face and began to lean haha.
Christmas Eve night, the extended fam came over and we had our yummy dinner. I LOVE that back counter in my parents kitchen for obvious reasons, TREATS! We relaxed by the first and listened to Christmas music and stayed up super late. Christmas morning Kylie and I were the only kids that stayed at our parents house so we woke up together with our husbands and ran to our stockings like giddy children. Together we opened our presents and then waited for the rest of our family to arrive and finished. It's so fun watching our nieces and nephews pure excitement. Kids truly make the holidays so fun. After presents we ate cinnamon rolls and hung out in pajamas all day. Eventually, that night we made it to the movie theatre to see Star Wars. It was such a fun and relaxing time to be home with family for a week.
The day after Christmas some kind of epidemic hit our family because slowly but surely people starting getting the flu! It was such a bummer! It started with my nephew Peter and trickled on through almost all of us. Unfortunately I was the first adult to get sick. So my day after Christmas was spent throwing up instead of skiing with my family. Huge bummer :(. On the bright side I was well enough to drive home to California the next day and my mom took care of me just like the good ole' days. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the new year!











these pics are so cute and funny haha. sad i missed out on some stuff but glad we were all home! such a good christmas!
ReplyDeletehehe fun times being the only kidless kids… haha
ReplyDelete