Part of me feels overwhelmed that I am so behind on documenting my adventures here on my blog. I haven't even touched my photos from all my road trips and vacations since July of last year, and I believe part of that is due to instagram and snapchat. It's just the way social media has transitioned, don't you think? But I don't want to let go of documenting here on my blog. I've put years of time and effort into journaling my families life and don't want to stop now. I am also having trouble with some hard drives not allowing me to add/drop photos and lightroom not downloading to my desktop, so that has been a huge pain and set back to getting my photos edited. Help? Haha, I'm a tech dummy. Anyway, the point of this is that I want to keep my blog a realistic space where I can journal things in more detail. I've had to learn to prioritize my time as to what is most important in my life, and sometimes unnecessary stressors need to be alleviated. So cheers to that. And to what I'm about to talk about.
I would like to believe that what I share here is safe. Although, I realize that it most likely isn't. Putting ones life on the internet can be intimidating, scary, and even dangerous. I've had many times throughout the years where I've doubted that, which has stopped me at times from blogging regularly. These days just about everything is often public knowledge. Although at times I sort of enjoy that, other times I don't see the relevance. Remember the days people had to send telegrams to know what was going on with their friends and family, even in the same city? I didn't even have a cell phone until my senior year in high school, and even then I kept it off all day and only used it to check in with my parents in case of an emergency. It was a green screen Motorola and I remember playing snake in my bed at night before my parents would take it away (they were smart). Sometimes I literally miss the good ole' days, just as 21 Pilots so beautifully shares haha. Cause man, times have changed and I'm starting to feel old haha.
Anyway, overall I will continue to share things I am comfortable with. There is a lot of positive out in the cyber land and that is what I hope to achieve here and aspire to upholding. Being able to connect with people across the globe in an instant is literally a mind blowing miracle. We are often introduced to people we may have never connected with prior to technology advances, and it's enabled many to run successful businesses and platforms that have lead to careers and even answers to prayers. It's just our generation and a result of our times.
So for those of you who would like to continue to follow our adoption story, you can HERE as well as my instagram (in case you didn't know): @lisarondo #rondoadoption. I have already connected with so many people that have helped me so much with advice, tips, possible leads, and their love and support. Kind words can move mountains people, so thank you to all those who have shared yours with my husband and I. It really means a lot and helps me get through each day knowing the world is good. People are good. And we will find our baby with the miracle of technology and social media.
And quick update before I check out. Our home study is just about done. The paperwork is complete, we are just waiting on sending in a few last items before we can schedule our home and office visits. We unfortunately had a few set backs with appointments last month that were outside of our control, but have since completed them and are waiting for a few documents. My goal is to have our profile on www.adoption.com up in June and I think it is totally doable! At that point the goal will be to SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! So stay tuned, we're gettin' there ;).
You may also like:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

FEEL YA DOG
ReplyDelete