



















This summer a lot of my friends are pregnant. In my ward (church) alone, there are 5 girls that are pregnant. Its been so fun watching them all become mothers. Lucky for me, I was able to plan this shower for Marissa. Baby "E" (haven't decided the name yet) is their first baby, and I couldn't be more excited for her!
Just a background. Marissa is an extremely talented painter and artist! Because of this, I knew I had to use an art theme. I incorporated some photos of her and her husband as a child, as well as painting she did when she was 3-5 years old. Using her art supplies as well as making the water color table cloth and garland was super fun! Painting wooden blocks sounded like the perfect activity, and I loved that people could sign them on the bottom so mama could remember who came to her shower. We served taco salads for dinner and her favorite cake (german chocolate) for dessert. We ended the night with her opening gifts adorned with a wall of floating balloons and baby pics of her and her husband.
The baby shower turned out great, and I'm so glad friends came to celebrate Marissa and her first baby! Sometimes when I'm hosting things, I get caught up in duties and forget to get good picture of faces! I can't believe I didn't get a photo of just the mama to be! Owell :) I'm just glad I documented at all. Good memories with good people!
Post a Comment
thanks for stopping by, xo