












Unfortunately, when we got to the lower of the two pools it was disgusting. Overtaken by moss and water snakes, no waterfall, dirty, and not enough water. The drought just sucked that thing for what it was worth. So we kept on hiking to the furthest pool. Honestly, I don't remember how long it took but I would give yourself a solid half day for this adventure, if not morning into early afternoon. We weren't tracking miles, but it was lengthy. By the time we got to the top pools we were relieved to have finally make it! Heat can be annoying so definitely visit here in the winter ;). At the top pool, there was enough water and even a trickle of a falls! IT FELT SO GOOD to finally cool off and sun bathe on the warm rocks. We only ran into one other couple the entire weekend so felt stoked to have the pool to ourselves for most of the day.
The great thing about this top pool, are the amazing views and privacy. While there, we saw cute little mountain goats on the cliffs. It was beautiful to see the little guys hopping around so effortlessly. We also saw a hawk and lots of lizards. If you do this, definitely pack a back pack with food, water, a towel, hiking sandals, and a floatie. The floatie is so worth it once you're up there. I loved the desert oasis vibes, and I think you will too!
Post a Comment
thanks for stopping by, xo