it's a wrap: the oregon coast

Life Lately . . .

Find me on instagram: @lisarondo

Chase and I got back from our week long vacation to the Oregon Coast on Sunday. Gosh it was the best. Growing up my family would go here every other year for family reunions with my mom's side of the family. Somewhere in my teen years, it just stopped happening. It was sad for all of us siblings because the Oregon Coast holds a special place in our hearts. So 2011 marked the first year we Fly's started up the good tradition again, and this year I was able to join! But now we do it with just our parents and all of us siblings with our families. What a treat.

Oregon is one of the most beautiful states ever. It has the most gorgeous mountains full of pine trees, deer, and yummy smells. And then you have the gorgeous coastline made up of the finest of sands and chilliest of waters. Despite the often foggy weather, we got plenty of sunshine this trip. 

I took on the cold and surfed at Otter Rock and the boys surfed daily at the break near our rental. We visited Newport Pier and saw the seals and stopped by a candy shop for some saltwater taffy. The whole family checked out the tide pools and then ate the most amazing seafood in town. Kylie took our family photos since we were all together for the first time since we all lived at home as kids, crazy! Everyone enjoyed hanging out at the AMAZING house we rented and hitting up the hot tub on the daily. Playing on the beach never got old and we made sure to eat a lot of yummy food and dessert. Just as a family vacation should be, pure happiness. 
You may also like:

5 comments

  1. Great shots. Looks like an awesome trip! I wish my family and I could tolerate each other for that long lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to oregon, however since we live a lot closer now I've been wanting to make a trip. it looks gorgeous!

    K

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.