big sur i love you


Each year on our birthday my sisters and I like to plan a trip so we can celebrate together. This year we were having a sorta dilemma as to where we could go. I was stuck on the idea of going to Hawaii like we had the past two years, but my sisters were throwing around the idea of road tripping the Oregon or Washington coast. I absolutely loved the sound of a road trip and it ended up being the best solution for all of us to do it in California. So bye bye baby Van and husbands, and hellllllllo sisters!! Camping Big Sur it was!

Growing up as a triplet you sorta naturally get stuck into a "role" within the sisterhood. I was always deemed the brave sister who liked to try new things. I took on roles such as the driver, the one that called the parents when we were late, the one who braved the phone call to the neighbors to ask to swim in their pool, the first sister to jump off a cliff, or the one who did weird things like play in the powder puff football game senior year. Meanwhile, Megan was the popular one whom all the boys adored and girls trusted with their whole hearts, spilling every last detail of their life to. She goes with the flow wearing a cute smile on her face and not a care in the world. Kylie was the funny sister that liked to make plans. She did the stressing for all of us, but always made sure everyone around her felt happy and loved. All in all, we work together really well as a trio. Which takes me to my whole point of this rant. Planning this trip.

Since we began blogging together over at Traveling Triplets, Kylie in a sense has become our manager as Megan and I like to say. She plans, communicates, directs, and just gets things done, it's awesome. Meg and I just put the stamp of approval on things and say, "YES sounds great or NO lets do this instead." Meg always has great suggestions and tips as well so I sort of feel like a slacker. But Ky was planning this trip months in advance, long before I was even thinking about it. She sent Meg and I links to fishing spots, camp sites, where to get gas and buy wood, and even created a budget for us. Meg and I contributed here and there to the planning and suggested some things, but the cake goes to Kylie. She is amazing and it is because of her thorough research and mad fire starting skills that we survived this trip. I was definitely the weakest link in our girls only camp trip but loved observing and learning from my sisters and all the tricks to road tripping and camping successfully. I was made fun of for forgetting a flashlight and being afraid of the dark woods, so I guess my bravery has worn thin haha. Either way, I love my sisters so much and cherish the memories we make together. Can't wait for more camping adventures with them by my side :).
You may also like:

7 comments

  1. I totally relate to the sister roles. I have five sisters, and it's great to see how a family can work together with everyone's strengths/weaknesses. And this trip to Big Sur looked incredible! We are hoping to make it out there at the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you sisters are the cutest. and big sur i've been totally been wanting to check it out since its just 2 or so hours away, and now i know i have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I'm jealous of your relationship with your sisters. Being a triplet sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lisa, i love this post! it made me smile. so sweet. i love the way you wrote about each of our roles :) this was such a perfect trip! i hope i wasn't too annoying! my favorite thing is definitely when you were afraid of the dark in the tent hahahaha that bunny really gotcha. and then the night "the guys broke in our car" hahaha

    youre my best friend and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i am such a wuss. i worry too much and have a problem trusting people haha. thank goodness i had you guys to chill me out :) LOVE YOU!

      Delete
  5. well that was the sweetest post ever sis, i love you. we had so much fun! and fyi i started the fires ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true, you started some of them too! good job sis! i was equally impressed by you i assure you, xoxoxox!

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, xo

Instagram

© RIDIN' with the RONDOS. Design by MangoBlogs.